Monday, December 22, 2008

14 Hours of Driving for a Concert???


If you know much about me you know how much I love music. I cannot play or sing a lick but I am a big fan of music. Probably my favorite artist is Andrew Peterson. He is a Christian folk singer in the vein of Rich Mullins. One of his greatest successes has been his Christmas album entitled Behold the Lamb of God. It is a very unique album. It is a musical that progressively tells the story of the coming of Christ. It starts in the Old Testament with Moses and with fevered anticipation makes it's way slowly to the manger in Bethlehem. Due to the success of the album Andrew takes over a dozen artists out on a 20 show tour each winter. The highlight of this tour is the show in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium. Take a dozen of the best songwriters in Christian music, put them in the most historic of music venues, and let them go and you have pure greatness. The concert opens with what it called "in the round" where the artist sit together on the stage and take turns playing their songs. The concert then closes with all of the artists joining Andrew Peterson in performing The Behold the Lamb of God musical. For the second year in a row Kristel and I have made the 7 hour pilgrimage to Nashville to see the show at the Ryman. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing it is. The music is good, the setting is beautiful, but most of all it sets my eyes on Christ. Again, I want to encourage you to check out Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God. I guarantee it will truly bless your heart this Christmas and if it doesn't then you probably don't love the baby Jesus anyway. You can purchase the album on Itunes or the CD here.

No comments:

Post a Comment